Becoming a published author is undeniably a memorable experience for every writer, whether for the first time or the twentieth time. Launching that newly published book into the world of readers comes a close second.
The Manitoba Writers’ Guild is thrilled to offer a new program whereby members with a recently published book can launch their literary achievement in the artistic surroundings of Winnipeg’s thriving Exchange District.
All of our members with published books, whether self-published, indie press published, or traditionally published are eligible for this member benefit.
How to Apply
- All MWG members who have published a book within the current and previous year are eligible to apply for a book launch.
- A Call for Applications will be sent to all members in mid-November and mid-May every year.
- These applications will request information about the book, a brief author bio, and a photo of the author, and the book cover, front and back, as well as your preferences about the launch: refreshments, format, technology, etc.
- Within a week of the deadline, dates for the launches will be negotiated between authors and the book launch coordinator.
- After the date has been agreed, you will be asked to sign an author’s agreement with the MWG and to pay an administrative fee of $25.